Sunday, January 23, 2011

A small trip to Africa

Helloooooo :)

It is a nice foggy day here in California. Which means a nice day inside for me! I am still fighting this cold that has taken hold of my sinuses. I woke up today feeling better than I did yesterday, but still very congested and weak. I hope this is the end of it. However, because I have to stay home, I have been working like mad on a few of my projects! Yesterday I was working on a second Queen Anne's Lace scarf in a lavender color, when I was completely distracted by a stray thought. I wanted to make an elephant for Kevin's grandfather who just had surgery (He is in love with elephants). I found a free pattern from Lion Brand that looked so amazing! If you want to give it a try click here! So I pulled out some yarn and hooked up this little guy!


Isn't he just charming? I love the way he turned out. The pattern says to put some black eyes, but I didn't have any on hand, so I picked a pair of buttons out and placed them where I thought they looked the best. I also used a little bit of crazy glue for an extra hold. I think it turned out wonderful, and I got rid of some yarn I was never going to use!

I hope everyone is having a great day today. Have fun!

Nikkole
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: