Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Little things here and there

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a marvelous Monday! I know I have. Yesterday was President's day here in the US, so I had one class canceled and another one that I decided not to go to :) oooppppsss!!!! Instead I decided to go shopping for some new clothes for loosing 5 pounds :) That's right! I am so stoked that I have lost 5 pounds in almost 3 weeks! I know it might not seem like much, but I am not trying to lose weight super fast. That isn't very healthy. I just want to lose the dreaded freshman 15, sophomore 5, and junior 5 that I have gained over the years. I want to be fit and in the best shape of my life! P90x is helping me do that. I am on day 20 today. I just can not believe that I am already on day 20. I knew that the days would go fast, but not nearly as fast as they have been. In the next 10 days I will be taking my 30day pictures! I can not wait to see the changes my body will have made since day 1. I can tell that I am getting stronger every day, and when day 90 comes I know that my journey will not end. But I seriously can not wait to have a cup of Dr. Pepper when this is all over. The temptation is everywhere! But I have been a good girl and only drinking water or milk, and eating super healthy. I know that everything will be worth it in the summer when I can be proud of my body and the work I have done :)

Oh and speaking of summer, I have a new project that I am itching to start! I just need to go shopping for the materials! (Yay!). Have you heard of Irish Crochet? I just learned what it is today, and I immediately started thinking of things I could make! I am sure I will be looking for materials soon for this project, I can just feel it!

I wish I had something neat and nifty to show you that I have made over the last couple of days. But all I have been able to muster up is a small flower motif. sigh. School is keeping me pretty preoccupied lately. But I have a great picture of me swing dancing! Yes I swing dance! I love to Lindy hop and Charleston.


Check it out if you have never tried! You never know, you may just fall in love with the dance :)

Have a great next couple of days!

Nikkole
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous picture. One day, I should like to do more dancing.

Nikkole said...

Thank you! If you ever get a chance or have some time to look up a few youtube videos, look up Lindy hop ULHS liberation finals of 2006. It is my favorite swing dance video and really portrays how incredible the dance can be at its best :)

Anonymous said...

So temptation is everywhere, eh? But one small candy smoothie won't hurt during P90x, right? :D

What is this "Lindy Hop" you speak of? I think I would like to try it sometime. Just kidding, it's awesome. And, was there ever a time that Mark didn't have a smile on his face when he was dancing? It's just that fun.

As for the Liberation finals... they were so wonderful. I'm biased toward Max Pitruzzella, as he was my favorite dancer, but regardless, everyone was awesome in that competition.

Nikkole said...

Ugh. NO! WE spoke of this already. It is just that much fun! even if I have to dance until my feet almost fly off my body because of the tempo lol. I love the whole competition! They are all just so talented. I don't think I have a favorite. Each person has their own special stylistic approach that is so awesome!