Friday, February 18, 2011

The beginning of a new obsession???



Hello my lovelies!

How is everyone doing? I hope everyone is doing well. I know I am! :) It has been a nice dreary day today, as was yesterday. After a long period of time with no rain, it has made a comeback for the last two days. I love being able to sit at home in my chair by the window listening to the rain and working away on little projects. It is just so relaxing and therapeutic. I managed to get a couple of pictures of right outside of where I live and how beautiful it looks.

It is almost as if the world is being cleansed and revived.
I have always been partial to the rain, ever since I was a little girl. It just calms me down and relaxes me in ways that many other things can not. The rain is beautiful :)

The only thing that the rain does do is that would be a bit sad is
being limited to staying indoors unless if you want to get wet. I don't mind getting wet, but because it is winter and cold outside, I think venturing outside is not an option :) So instead I am sitting at home under my electric blanket and working away. Yesterday I made a beanie for Kevin! I found the pattern from Suzie's stuff. I had to do a little bit of modifying, because I did not have the right yarn on hand nor the correct hook size. But nonetheless it came out amazing! It fits him perfectly and he wore it right away. I was so happy to see him so excited for a beanie "made by the NikNak".

So as soon as I was able to get up this morning, I started right away on a new project that I have been waiting to start. My Friday night was then devoted to a couple of new things. I bought a book of 101 crochet squares by Jean Leinhauser, and I made number 65. It is a very large square, but I love how easy it was to make and how great it turned out!
I changed the colors that were asked for in this square, and I love the way it turned out.

However, since completing the square, I started up learning more about knitting. I have a pair of knitting needles, but I have not taken the time to properly learn how to knit. So I did tonight! It is very different from what I have become accustom to with crochet, but I am already addicted. This is how far I have gotten in learning:

I don't have any plans for this little work, just learning. After I feel comfortable with stitches and I can stop dropping stitches, I will begin a project. So stay tuned!

Have a great evening/morning/afternoon :)


Nikkole

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments: